Friday 21 September 2007

Why am I not asleep

Hi, I am totally wide awake which is weird, I'm heading to my normal body clock. Which means that this is becoming home. The weather has turned. Its jumper weather. No rain or wind, just less sun and heat. Nothing to my Northern stock though. Its been an odd few days, my emotions (strictly internal, no major drama moments) have oscilated from being really happy to be here and a bit lost. I'm trying not to pay to much attention to those feelings. The people I'm around are really cool still, no-one annoying me at all. There's a really informal feel here. Eating meals wherever you want, even in class. That type of thing.

Someone explained to me what House music was. Seriously. I think he thought I was from some quaint English village. I've been accused of being from London many a-time too. But in general, I'm not going to complain about the Americans. I met another English girl today who is here, who complained no-stop about Americans and the way they speak. She even referred to Britain as the motherland. It did make me think though, that if she felt that way, maybe she shouldn't have got onto the plane to get here. If she can only handle Brits, its dumb moving to California. Obviously we are in the minority. She is only here for the semester though. Exchange student.

I had Freud class today. Love it! Totally love it. The teacher applied lipstick mid-sentence. Which I just think is so cool. Somehow, only a lecturer on Freud would do that.

Anyway, I'm going to bed now, and I promise to blog sooner. Its been a weird week for me and I didn't want to write a negative blog. Weird not in the sense that anything bad happened, like I say, just an internal thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment