Saturday 6 October 2007

Got a Job

I need to tell you about my violated computer. Its been fixed. I have a new screen. But it has scratches, loads around the battery area and dirty hand prints inside. It was so new it was pristine when I sent it off for repair, so it doesn't feel like mine now. It cost $830 to repair, not much less than a new computer. And I had had it for two weeks. TWO WEEKS! I can't tell you how gutted I am. But what can I do?

So, I need a job more than ever. I wanted some CAP (Community Arts Partnership) teaching work, but I could not get to the schools without a car and the class on campus clashes with one of my seminars, even though the positions were all mine otherwise. However, they offered me some work in the CAP office. I'm working for peanuts, but it should cover my weekend spends.

I had lots of fun at the Hip Hop night in Hollywood. One of the DJs gave a shout out to Mad Lib who was there. My friend Alexis's is so cool and so are her girlfriends. But none of us knew what Mad Lib looked like although we liked his music.

The Crit session last week, was good, but one woman really could not get past if women should be represented that way, if it was appropriate anymore. Really bizarre hearing that opinion. I am a feminist after all.

Weirder still is that it was my opening at Blocspace in Sheffield tonight. The Husband told me it went really well. I was a little sad not to be there. It's an odd feeling, to be away from your life, but your life to continue, almost in two places. One place where you are and one where you are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment